Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BP_RILS Project


This project was a success! I had my students learn new technology and begin a projet that drew on prior learning. Most of the students seemed to enjoy the project and process however, I need to make some changes.

One:

I need to make sure the students can develop their comments to their peer a bit more. They seemed to answer with one word answers which I would try to get them to expand on a bit.

Two:

The account that i have set up has a limit of voice credits for the voice to text function which i did not realize at the start. Next time i will have to make sure that the students understand the limitations.

All in all it was a success and I think any teacher can use the lesson and also use it as a collaborative learning project as well if possible with other classes.

Here is a link to the video documenting the lesson. The video is also below. Enjoy!






But then, this is just for your "what it's worth" department.

7 comments:

  1. This is really great! I want to find out if GoAnimate would be appropriate for third graders. I am really impressed with the calibre of work your students do, but also with the class set of imacs. Impressed and a little jealous. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it could be great for any grade! If you need more information let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really happy your RILS was a success. Its great that your whole class participated as well as they did. Your RILS sheet was clear and easy to understand and a good example to us all. I like how you incorporated your students working into the video, but you might need to work a little more on your audio because your background noises tended to drown you out a little. But overall, very good work. GoAnimate seems like a good program for early animators to test out scripts and see staging for their work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your work, Marc. Did you use a green screen for the Florida effect? Realy sounded like birds outside. ;) Did you use a Word template for your RILS document. Looks very professional. I want one. Also, due to your blog, I too signed up with GoAnimate. I could see using it to motivate students to learn, because it is an effective motivating tool. I'll be sure to give your RILS a try when I get back into the classroom. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. March this was a great project. Your RILS was well organized and looks as though it will be easy to implement. Each step is well defined and your assessment of the two changes that you need to make is very helpful as well.

    I enjoyed the video, which documented the steps that you took and the results of the project. Your students are creative and this should only be the first step in their producing exciting projects in the future. I truly enjoyed the lush tropical poolside setting at the end of the video, very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marc, great RILS! Very very clear and I would love to try this out with my class! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem with peer reviews at the college level: monosyllabic answers. Even when I specify requirements like "give me one specific thing you liked and one you didn't", I still end up with "I liked it all". Gah.

    But I also recognize that I'm pretty awful about peer reviews, because I'm always afraid of stepping on toes, or sounding like a jerk.

    ReplyDelete